In addition to being one of the best international schools in Asia, we have the added benefits of being located in the capital city of one of the most culture-rich countries in the world, and are proud of our talented, caring and professional staff & faculty.
Success in any overseas teaching position depends on realizing many synergies. Teachers who are successful at WAB typically match closely with the characteristics listed below.
- Minimum two years experience, qualified with at least a bachelor's degree, and a teaching certificate where applicable
- Highly professional
- Child focused – warm, caring and supportive
- Ability to work with parents and be part of a community
- Team player – collaborative, adaptable, positive and flexible
- Commitment to ongoing professional development
- General interest in Beijing and China
- Stable and balanced personal life
- Experience/training in working with English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL)
- High level of IT skills and experience in integrating IT with teaching
- Experience with contemporary practices in English and Mathematics
- Experience with authentic assessment practices
- Experience in organizing school events and extra curricular activities
- Experience in coaching sporting teams and/or performing arts
- Experience in outdoor education & recreation programs
- IBPYP, IBMYP, IB Diploma or First Steps programs preferred
- Inquiry-based, activity-based and hands-on learning
- Using local context and environment to enhance learning
- Multi-cultural approach or experiences
- Stimulating classroom environment
- Experience in differentiating teaching techniques
More: Learn about teacher compensation and benefits.