Thank you for your interest in the Western Academy of Beijing.
Whether you live in China or will be relocating to Beijing from another country, we recognize the importance of finding the right educational setting for your family. We are here to help.
From first contact to the first day of school, our friendly Admissions team will answer all your questions and guide you through the enrollment and transition process at WAB. We encourage you to explore our website to find out more about our school, our academic and extra-curricular programs, and to come for a visit to see our students in action.
We look forward to meeting you and your family.
Ying Shya Pee
Elke van Dongen
By any standard, WAB is a remarkable school...with purpose-built facilities, which are on a par at least with the finest in the international schools in the world. More than that, it has developed an enviable and richly deserved reputation for offering a vital, stimulating and challenging education to its international student body.
Welcome to WAB. While you’re at school here, you’ll meet all types of different people, so you get to see and appreciate the differences among cultures. It’s not only about nationality either. Whether you like arts, sports or community service, at WAB you are encouraged to develop yourself as an individual. I have gone to WAB since I was in Grade 3, and the IB program’s focus on developing as a learner has been very influential. Classes like humanities and math have taught me how to explore new ideas in a worldwide context and also have helped me shape how I want my future to look after graduation.
Christian Neoh, Grade 12
Maybe you have the same worries as I did when I arrived. I was a bit nervous when I first came to WAB, but other kids who were peer leaders helped me figure out right away on New Student Orientation Day. My teachers were all really supportive, too. So don’t worry! The community here is really warm and welcoming. You’re going to love it!
Margot Durfee, Grade 8
We get to do so many activities in class that make learning really fun, like learning about physics by building our own boats and then racing them in the pool. And, I can just go upstairs after school to take extra Dutch classes.
Frederique Kersemakers, Grade 5
At first, you might notice that our school looks different. The hallways are colorful and curvy. We do fun things to learn about fractions in math, and there is so much room to play with your friends on Tiger Field.
Soma Ito, Grade 3
You will really like playing on the playground in the ECC. And we get to draw and make sculptures in art class. It's really fun.
Kaea Paki, Kindergarten
- Register a Parent Account.
- Submit Application Form Online.
- Upload Required Supporting Documents.
- Make Payment.
- WAB students excel in academics and become life-long learners.
- WAB teachers are internationally experienced educators.
- Our campus is colorful and dynamic, designed to enhance the WAB learning experience.
- WAB supports an extensive extracurricular program for all students to explore their passions.
- WAB's warm and supportive community will make your family feel at home.
- WAB is an innovative community of learners.
- WAB exposes students to new, influential ideas.
- Learning extends far beyond the classroom walls.
- WAB engages & serves its community both locally and globally.
- WAB's connections extend around the world.
- … And you know exactly what you're paying for.