Tuition & Fees
An investment in a culturally diverse, international education is an investment in your child’s future.
As a WAB student, your child will have access to individuals, ideas and experiences that are not typical of a traditional school environment.
Tuition Fees for 2017/2018
|Grade||Basic Tuition Fee||Tuition Fees||Total|
(Aug 14, 2017 - Jan 17, 2018
(Jan 18, 2018 - June 14, 2018)
|Early Years (3 years old, half day)||30,000||40,650||40,650||111,300|
|Early Years (3/4 years old, full day)||30,000||78,600||78,600||187,200|
|Kindergarten - Grade 1||30,000||96,300||96,300||222,600|
|Grade 2 - 5||30,000||104,350||104,350||238,700|
|Grade 6 - 8||30,000||111,600||111,600||253,200|
|Grade 9 - 10||30,000||124,350||124,350||278,700|
|Grade 11 - 12||30,000||128,000||128,000||286,000|
Fees above are listed in RMB (Chinese Yuan). Fees may be paid in RMB or other currencies. See Payment Methods, Terms and Conditions below for details.
Families applying to WAB are required to pay a non-refundable application fee of RMB 2100 per applicant once their application is complete.
Tuition fees are inclusive of transportation, most after-school activities offered by the school, all required textbooks and school supplies. Students must purchase their own laptops and calculators. Mother Tongue Programs and individual instrument lessons are not included.
China CITIC Bank CITIC Building Sub-Branch
Western Academy of Beijing
311071000545****** (last 7 digits is the student number)
(Please refer to the bank account number for your child from your school fee invoice)
CITIC Building, No. 19, Jianguomenwai
Chaoyang District, Beijing 100004, China
For school fees: WAB accepts bank transfers for school fees. RMB cash payments can be deposited directly into the school's CITIC Bank RMB account. Please indicate invoice number or student number on the remittance advice to facilitate prompt and accurate recording.
For other fees: Bank transfer, Alipay, cash, credit card (0.6% additional charge for local cards, 2% for foreign cards and 3% for AMEX, Diner's Club, JCB, etc. cards). The maximum cost for debit cards is 20 RMB.
For withdrawal of students from school, please notify the Admissions Manager in writing via email@example.com. After notification of withdrawal is sent to Admissions, a refund request should be directed to Finance in writing via firstname.lastname@example.org. Withdrawal and Refund Schedule is as follows:
Date of Notification
Refund of School Fees
|Basic Tuition Fee|
On or before May 31, 2017
On or before July 31, 2017
On or before November 14, 2017
After November 14, 2017
- Full refund of the Basic Tuition Fee will be given if notification of withdrawal is made on or before May 31, 2017 and the student does not attend any school days for the upcoming school year.
- Full refund of Semester 1 tuition fees will be given if notification of withdrawal is made on or before July 31, 2017 and the student does not attend any school days for the upcoming school year. If notification is given on or before July 31, 2017 and the student attends any days in Semester 1, tuition fees will be prorated based on the number of school days attended during Semester 1.
- Full refund of Semester 2 tuition fees will be given if notification of withdrawal is made on or before November 14, 2017 and the student does not attend any school days for the upcoming Semester 2. If notification is given on or before November 14th and the student attends any days in Semester 2, tuition fees will be prorated based on the number of school days attended during Semester 2. No refunds are available after November 14, 2017.
- Application fee is not refundable.
- All refunds require original WAB receipts (fapiao) and complete payment instructions and must be claimed within 3 months of the student withdrawal date.
- Payment is due on April 25, 2017 or within 15 working days of the invoice date.
- Placement of your child/children will be guaranteed upon receipt of full payment of school fees. If no payment is received by the due date, placement of your child/children will be released to waitlisted students.
- A 2% per month late payment fee will be assessed on all overdue payments.
- Foreign currency exchange: School fees are quoted in RMB, but such fees may be paid in either RMB or in other currencies. If the payer chooses to pay in other currency, consider the current buying rate and ensure the school fee will be received in full. All bank charges are to be borne by remitter. The exchange rate for USD is at 6.70 for the whole school year.
- A written notice is needed to obtain a fapiao. Please email Finance at email@example.com indicating fapiao title, student name, payment amount, and mailing address for your fapiao requirement. Fapiao will only be issued after full payment of the total year's school fees are paid.
WAB provides transport for students to and from school, using modern, safe and comfortable buses and mini-buses. Our school buses are equipped with advanced air purification systems for our students, ensuring a healthy ride.
Bus routes service families in most of the areas of Beijing where expatriate families reside. A bus service is provided where there is a minimum of 3 students for one given stop.
The school provides transportation to all school-sponsored field trips and the service also extends to students involved in most after-school activities.
Lunch and snacks are not included in the school tuition. Students have the option of bringing their own food from home, or purchasing lunch and snacks at school using their SmartCard. Lunch costs range from 20 to 30 RMB.
WAB Food Services are managed by ARAMARK, an international company highly regarded amongst its industry peers. WAB Food Services provide a wide range of international food options from various outlets within the school. Menus can be viewed online at http://education.aramark.cn.