A school’s mission statement describes what a school is seeking to achieve as a community of learners. At WAB, our mission statement is the cornerstone by which we interact as a community and design strategic plans for the future.
The mission logo shown here is the culmination of collaboration by nine stakeholder groups: WAB’s Founders, the Board of Trustees, Director, parents, teaching staff, support staff, students, alumni and friends of WAB.
Under this unifying mission, both the long-term vision for our school and the day-to-day practices are clear. With a shared commitment to this mission, WAB’s future as a leading, top-tier international school is assured.
Along with our Philosophy and Core Values, WAB’s mission provides the context for our daily activities as well as the framework for our strategic direction.
In 2003, WAB redefined what made our school unique. These are the values we believe in and that are alive in everything we do.
Where all decisions are made and actions taken to enhance the life-long learning process so that each member of the WAB family is an inquiring, critical and purposeful learner.
Where with a spirit of commitment, enthusiasm and shared purpose, each member of the WAB family contributes to the whole.
Where by valuing and respecting each other and our environment, we sustain and nurture healthy relationships with and life-long responsibilities to self, family, and the world.
Where each makes unique and irreplaceable contributions that, when combined, create the WAB family.
Where we strive to nurture socially responsive global citizens bound together by China – the common thread woven throughout our diverse family mosaic.
Since its founding, WAB has championed the rights of our students with a central tenet that an education at WAB be accessible to all. With our school-wide social and educational learning support programs, as well as our unique focus on diversity and inclusiveness, WAB's philosophy, mission and values are all aligned with the United Nation’s Convention on the Rights of the Child.
Our Definition of Learning
Learning at WAB is a transformative process which is intentional and iterative, challenging and joyful, and serves an authentic purpose.
- WAB students excel in academics and become life-long learners.
- WAB teachers are internationally experienced educators.
- Our campus is colorful and dynamic, designed to enhance the WAB learning experience.
- WAB supports an extensive extracurricular program for all students to explore their passions.
- WAB's warm and supportive community will make your family feel at home.
- WAB is an innovative community of learners.
- WAB exposes students to new, influential ideas.
- Learning extends far beyond the classroom walls.
- WAB engages & serves its community both locally and globally.
- WAB's connections extend around the world.
- … And you know exactly what you're paying for.