Thank you for your interest in the Western Academy of Beijing.
Whether you live in China or will be relocating to Beijing from another country, we recognize the importance of finding the right educational setting for your family. We are here to help.
From first contact to the first day of school, our friendly Admissions team will answer all your questions and guide you through the enrollment and transition process at WAB. We encourage you to explore our website to find out more about our school, our academic and extracurricular programs, and to come for a visit to see our students in action.
We look forward to meeting you and your family.
Hello WAB! Visit us remotely and control your WAB tour experience with our robot “K2-12”.
K2-12 is from Double Robotics, creators of the world’s leading telepresence robot. K2-12 works everywhere on campus and puts prospective families in the driver’s seat of their WAB visit no matter where they are. We're proud to be the first international school in the world to offer guided robotic campus tours.
Elke Van Dongen
By any standard, WAB is a remarkable school...with purpose-built facilities, which are on a par at least with the finest in the international schools in the world. More than that, it has developed an enviable and richly deserved reputation for offering a vital, stimulating and challenging education to its international student body.
Welcome to WAB! You will find our school is special because we’re encouraged to take part in different activities, from science to sports, language and reading, music and more. In one day, I can learn how the economy works, and also explore theater to discover myself as an artist. WAB gives you opportunities to explore what you’re really passionate about.
Astrid Harborn, Grade 11
One thing you’ll notice very quickly about WAB is the amount of freedom we have to study and explore. As students, we can be ourselves and express our creativity. That’s what makes WAB really special: Everyone is welcome. You’ll never do the same thing twice, and every lesson is productive and interesting.
Rory Young, Grade 7
I’m working with my friends on publishing our first book. I love to learn in class, but I am also researching a project to help kids around the world living in poverty. Going to WAB is an incredible experience for any student.
Eliza Rinkema, Grade 5
There is so much to do at WAB. I like to spend my time reading books, studying math, and performing in the theater. This year, I interviewed all of my classmates and made an e-book about them and presented it at our first assembly of the school year.
Myron Cheung, Grade 3
I have met a lot of new friends at WAB. We like to play a lot outside, play the drums and build houses with blocks. We use our iPads to take pictures of what we build and post them on our class blog.
Gil Yogev, Kindergarten
- Register a Parent Account.
- Submit Application Form Online.
- Upload Required Supporting Documents.
- Make Payment.
- WAB students excel in academics and become life-long learners.
- WAB teachers are internationally experienced educators.
- Our campus is colorful and dynamic, designed to enhance the WAB learning experience.
- WAB supports an extensive extracurricular program for all students to explore their passions.
- WAB's warm and supportive community will make your family feel at home.
- WAB is an innovative community of learners.
- WAB exposes students to new, influential ideas.
- Learning extends far beyond the classroom walls.
- WAB engages & serves its community both locally and globally.
- WAB's connections extend around the world.
- … And you know exactly what you're paying for.