“Our High School is home to 469 active, enthusiastic young people, who value learning both within the classroom and outside it. We are proud of our academic achievements, as well as our strong programs in the fine arts, service learning, China Studies, athletics and our extracurricular programs. In all we do, we are guided by our mission to Connect, Inspire, Challenge: Make a Difference.”
The WAB High School International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP) was designed to develop open-minded, principled, well-balanced, knowledgeable and inquiring learners.
Our students are willing to take risks, think critically and reflect on their actions and knowledge. In High School, they are encouraged to take the most challenging courses in which they can be academically successful. As students progress through classes, they work with teachers to master content through rich engagement with complex ideas.
As they were throughout their years in Elementary and Middle School, High School students are encouraged to take action on their learning to make a difference in the world.
In all grade levels, a focus on the IB learner profile and the approaches to learning serves as a way for students to bring together the learning they do within each of their subject areas, while also recognizing our diverse and shared humanity and the responsibilities we hold in the guardianship of our planet.
We expect our students to use their critical minds and compassionate hearts as they develop into active citizens.
Through the IB Middle Years Programme, as well as the IB Diploma Programme, we hope that students see their learning as relevant and meaningful in a larger diverse world.
International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme (IB MYP)
All Grade 9 and 10 students study eight courses each year as part of the International Baccalaureate Middle Years Programme. In Grade 10, students complete the MYP Personal Project outside of class time, which exposes them early on to independent research and critical reflection in an area of personal passion and interest.
International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP)
In Grades 11 and 12, students can participate in the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP). The full IB Diploma is offered to all WAB students. Diploma students choose from six subject groups that include a range of courses, with three at higher level and three at standard level. In addition, students must take the Theory of Knowledge (TOK) course, complete an extended essay, and fulfill Creativity, Action and Service (CAS) commitments outside of class time.
Wab High School Diploma
WAB students gain access and matriculate at many of the world’s most competitive institutions each year, including several Ivy League schools and 38 of the Times Higher Education World Top 50 universities. Counselors at WAB work with students to find their “best fit” for education beyond High School.
47 Nationalities / 37 Languages
- 40% USA, UK, Canada,
Australia & NZ
- 30% Asia
- 25% Europe
- 5% Other
Technology & Digital Learning
WAB is an Apple Distinguished School and runs a successful 1:1 laptop program. Our High School students have access to a wide range of WAB online services including email, blogs, media server, Managebac, PowerSchool and Moodle, which is our online Learning Management System. WAB offers innovative learning opportunities during and outside of class time. Technological and digital resources and tools are always available for student use.
After School Activities (ASA)
WAB believes in balancing the educational needs of students with their social, physical and emotional development. Students are encouraged to pursue individual interests through various activities, clubs and experiences related to sports, service, leadership, social advocacy, art, academics, culture and adventure. WAB’s memberships to several associations offer opportunities for collaboration and competition among international school students from around the region.
Students at WAB can also opt for the WAB HS Diploma, which combines IB Certificate courses, WAB HS courses and other special projects and experiences. Students obtaining the WAB HS Diploma go on to gain acceptances at universities and colleges around the world. Students may combine internships, passion projects or independent learning in their studies.
WAB Class of 2016 Student Destinations
- There’s something new and exciting going on in High School every day.
- Students can build programs to support their unique pathway to graduation.
- Our graduates gain entry to the most competitive and specialized universities and colleges in the world.
- A team of exceptional educators, learning specialists, counselors and program coordinators work with each student.
- In our caring environment, students are accepted for who they are and are encouraged to share their individuality with our community.
- WABX activities help students make worldwide connections through regional associations, including APAC, ACAMIS and ISAC.
- The latest technological tools are at the students’ fingertips.
- Students are inspired to put their learning into action.
- If our students are interested in an activity or pursuit we don’t offer, they can start a new project and know they will be supported.
- Self-advocacy and social justice are thriving at WAB.
- Our graduates study a broad range of subjects including medicine, science, engineering, design, fine and performing arts, business and economics, education, hotel management and many others.