At the Western Academy of Beijing, we believe students learn best in a caring and inclusive environment. We provide focused, in-class support and targeted instruction to meet diverse student needs.
WAB uses a collaborative approach to co-plan, co-teach and co-assess so that students can learn in an inclusive environment with high expectations and high support.
The student is at the heart of our integrated model, and the homeroom teacher is the primary support for students in his or her care. A student's support team will be created according to the needs of the student.
WAB recognizes that the academic, social and emotional needs of these students may be significantly different from their peers. Students, parents and staff are involved in a collaborative process for developing differentiated programs that best support the learning needs of the child as a whole in an inclusive class environment.
- Support Plans and Strategies
- Learning Support Centers
- English as an Additional Language (EAL)
- Literacy Support Program (LSP)
The Middle and High School Learning Support Centers affirm the rights of students to develop their maximum potential in a warm and caring educational environment. These centers provide a wide variety of services to enhance and optimize student learning. Our Elementary School provides a comprehensive range of learning support services.
EAL staff supports English language learners in all areas of language acquisition. It is designed to assist teachers with differentiation of their program in the mainstream classrooms, as well as support EAL students across WAB.
The EAL Department supports non-native English speakers across all grade levels. These students receive help in all areas of language acquisition in order to reach a high level of English language proficiency and achieve full participation in the WAB curriculum.
LSP is an academic intervention program for students who have specific, identified learning needs. Students in this program have an Individual Education Plan (IEP). Their progress is closely monitored, and their plans are reviewed and updated twice a year. Access to this program has strict criteria. Student enrollment in this program alters from year to year.
Promoting personal well-being, healthy relationships and the successful balance of academic, extracurricular and community.
- WAB students excel in academics and become life-long learners.
- WAB teachers are internationally experienced educators.
- Our campus is colorful and dynamic, designed to enhance the WAB learning experience.
- WAB supports an extensive extracurricular program for all students to explore their passions.
- WAB's warm and supportive community will make your family feel at home.
- WAB is an innovative community of learners.
- WAB exposes students to new, influential ideas.
- Learning extends far beyond the classroom walls.
- WAB engages & serves its community both locally and globally.
- WAB's connections extend around the world.
- … And you know exactly what you're paying for.